Water & sewer testing services:
Water Bacteriology testing is available at San Juan Basin Health Department. This test determines absence/presence of Total Coliform and E.Coli bacteria.
A test bottle and requisition form must first be obtained from the Environmental Division.
Directions for taking samples:
- Use only bottles issued for taking samples. No others will be accepted.
- Samples from faucet; allow water to run freely for five minutes. Samples from hand pump; pump well for 5 minutes.
- Do not rinse bottle. Substance in bottle preserves water in a state suitable for test.
- Fill bottle within 1 inch of bottle top. replace lid immediately. Do not touch inside of lid or bottle.
- Do not collect sample from a swinging faucet nor from one with a strainer or aerator.
In order to be notified with test results, the requisition form must include applicable contact information. The sample must be received within 30 hours of collection. The cost of this test is $25.00. Test results are usually provided within 24 hours.
Contact the laboratory at (970) 335-2039 with questions regarding test results.
The Environmental Division performs OSWS inspections/water testing to determine adequacy/potability. Click here for our water test/sewer inspection request form.
For additional testing services: